Saturday, 18 January 2014

Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balm Review!



 I've heard so much about these Revlon Laquer/matte balm stains that when I went  into boots I HAD to pick up two of my staple colours for lips this season. Elusive and Demure are both gorgeous pinky nudes and have really impressed me, read on for my full review.


                                                  Matte Balm in ELUSIVE
Packaging: Firstly I love the way Revlon had made the Matte balm packaging matte and the glossy packaging glossy, it can’t be just me who throws their lip products into their bag and instantly forgets what is what in there... I’m looking at you MAC.

The matte one is a solid matte pink, and the actual packaging matches the colour of the balm which is GREAT! Also, similar to the colourburst it has the typical twist up matte silver bottom.

Colour: The colour is a warm pink and is completely opaque and settles into a matte finish, I love this colour on my skin and its one of my favourite pink/natural tones which I can pair easily with every outfit and suits my usual winged liner.


Wear: I find this balm starts creamy and made me a little anxious about the wear however this lasted for a few hours before I typically reapplied as I usually do as I found it settled into a drier matte form however I did notice it emphasised dry parts on my lips but did stain them well, so from a distance it didn't look blotchy.


Price and where to buy:  These are £7.99 from Boots and Superdrug




Lacquer Balm in DEMURE

Packaging: I much prefer this packaging, I’m a massive girly girl and the shiny, mirrored pink packaging just looks so pretty and high end, well done Revlon! It’s a light baby pink colour with everything else the same as the matte balm.

Colour: This colour is a sheer natural, pink with slight very small glitter particles which glint with the light which looks so pretty, I was actually surprised how even though this product is sheer it still looks like there is colour on the lips.

Wear: This one I find doesn’t last as long as the matte one on the lips and during the winter months when my lips are dry I probably will reach for this glossy one more as I find it moisturises a lot better and doesn’t sit onto the dry parts of my lips.


Price and where to buy:  £7.99 from Boots and Superdrug






 Scent: They both have the best minty scent which is my favourite, it isn’t subtle so if you don’t like strong scents I would avoid both of the lip products but I love lip products which have a gorgeous minty scent.

Overall: I prefer the colour of Elusive over Demure just because I’m a huge fan of matte colours and I love the lasting power and impact of the colour on my lips, Demure is still a lovely lip product and I still see them both becoming such a staple in my lip collection at a great price and I do see myself buying a lot more. 

P.S I apologise for the gloomy looking photos, the weather and lighting here in the winter is terrible!

Have you tried these? Which is your favourite and which should I try next?
post signature

10 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous, I prefer the more pinky colour!
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I love the matte texture of it too, so excited to try them all.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hey I love your blog and your posts are so so good!
    I'm a new blogger and would love it if you could check out my blog and maybe even give it a follow? :) http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely, I will check it out. xx

      Delete
  3. I loveeee the matte balm! Can't wait for these to be released!!
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good and so matte!
      Love them.
      xx

      Delete
  4. great review, thank you - it was really helpful
    lovely post
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love Revlon lippies! Make sure to try Revlon's super lustrous lipsticks- they're absolutely gorgeous too.

    http://whattshesaid.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've ordered a few a couple days ago, can't wait for them to arrive :) x

    ReplyDelete